Ten Body Building Recipes To Die For
As a body builder, it is important that you are eating the right foods in order to fuel your muscles and help you to get that ripped look you are aiming for. But it is difficult to know what you should and shouldn’t be eating.
The top body building foods are:
- Egg whites- contain high levels of natural protein and are an extremely diverse ingredient used in a wide variety of meals.
- Turkey- a staple meat that is packed with protein and is also low is calories to prevent unnecessary fat gain.
- Beef steak- offers important macronutrients and deliver important amino acids to encourage muscle growth.
- Salmon- doesn’t just contain protein but also lots of healthy fats which are essential for a healthy diet.
- Sweet Potato- you need carbohydrates just as much as protein to build your perfect body as they provide you with lots of energy.
- Spinach- leafy greens have so many nutrients in them which will repair your muscles.
Knowing what to eat is the first step of body building. If you’re stuck for ideas, here are some fantastic meals aimed specifically at body-builders and those who want to pack on the muscle:
1) Healthy Breakfast Burrito – Fill up two whole-wheat tortillas with scrambled eggs (made only out of egg whites), sliced onions, peppers, mushrooms and spicy chillies. You can even add some low fat or light sauces, such as salsa and sour cream, and a sprinkle of cheese. This will undoubtedly set you up for the day and provide enough energy for a heavy lifting session or until lunchtime.
2) Blueberry Protein Pancakes –
Quick and easy to make, all you’ll need is a blender and a frying pan. Mix all the ingredients together: vanilla protein powder, oats, flaxseeds, non-fat plain Greek yoghurt, unsweetened almond milk, baking powder and a few blueberries. Within minutes you will have a stack of satisfying, delicious pancakes, packed with protein to feed your muscles.
3) BBQ Chicken Wrapped Asparagus
Have some fun making this one! Simply wrap barbecue seasoned chicken strips around six asparagus spears and bake them in the oven.
You could serve it with some brown rice for a healthy on-the-go lunch.
Not only do you get your daily fill of protein, but also some super veggies.
Full Recipe Here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/6-super-fast-muscle-meals.html
4) Beefy Pasta
Making sure to use extra-lean ground beef and whole wheat pasta, you can make an excellent pre-workout lunch.
Add Kale, spinach or cabbage which is dense in iron and full of healthy nutrients.
You can combine all the ingredients with a tomato rich sauce and lots of flavourful herbs.
5) Roasted Red Pepper, Goat Cheese and Bacon Zucchini
This low carb meal, low calorie meal means you can fill up on delicious food without feeling guilty.
Slice the zucchini into thin strips to resemble noodles and flash fry with bacon, shrimp and some pre-roasted red peppers.
Then add creamy goats cheese and stir until melted.
You’ll get plenty of protein and lots of flavour.
Full Recipe Here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/4-easy-healthy-winter-recipes.html
6) Turkey Egg White Quiche
This quiche will go great with a leafy salad and is bursting with protein. Brown the turkey, then add a chopped green pepper, an onion, garlic and plenty of ripped spinach.
Place the mixture into an oven proof dish then pour mixed egg whites over the top.
Bake until the top of the quiche is firm. Without the pastry case, this quiche is a fantastic meal to jumpstart muscle building. You can even add a scoop of protein powder to the mixture.
Full Recipe Here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/soy_protein_facts.htm
7) Sun-dried Tomato and Chicken Meatballs with Squash –
You also need to bake the squash, after cutting it in half and removing the seeds. Sprinkle with a little seas salt, chives and basil. It’s a clean, healthy alternative to spaghetti bolognese.
8) Teriyaki Chicken
Marinate the chicken in teriyaki sauce, fresh orange juice, cornstarch and ginger, for an hour or so.
You can stir fry it together with broccoli and water chestnuts, adding whatever other veggies you’d like.
Finally, serve with some brown rice.
Invite your friends who are also trying to build some muscle and they will love this dish.
Full Recipe Here: http://www.building-muscle101.com/how-to-make-teriyaki-chicken.html
9) Lean Green Replacement Smoothie – Who’d of thought smoothies could contain lots of protein?
Well if you make one that contains lots of kale, an avocado, natural protein powder, a banana, some pineapple and strawberries, then you have the perfect protein-rich energy boost.
Either have it for breakfast or during the day between meals when you can feel yourself flagging.
Full Recipe Here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fit-meals-7-muscle-making-recipes.html
10) Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Balls – These little treats are perfect if you are craving something sweet or adore chocolate. Mix together cocoa powder, peanut butter, dried coconut, chocolate whey protein powder, rolled oats and a dollop of honey.
Leave them in the fridge until you need a late night fix or something quick before a workout.
Don’t overdo it though!